Thursday, July 18, 2013

This Joint is...

…a host of pizza "Joints" in a town, that knows it’s pizza, Chicago, Illinois. I’m originally from Chicago; and I admit, I’m a little bias. But hear me when I say, Chicago and Pizza are Synonymous terms! There are many great restaurants in Chicago; but the pizza is the best reason to go! 
 
My pizza thoughts are ones of constant dilemma; which restaurant do I go to! It’s safest to say, I’ll go to the one, that I’m closest to at the time. For example; if I’m in the “Hyde Park” area of Chicago’s near south side; it’s Giordano’s. This is one of the best places to get a truly scrumptious, stuffed or deep dish pizza!  If I’m on the near north side, I’m looking to carve my name on to one of the wooden booths, at this next joint,  then sink my teeth into one of their  meaty, and flavorful, pan pizza that you can only get from Geno’s East. Not far from Downtown Chicago’s ‘Miracle Mile” is the famous Lou Malnati’s. Even though the wife and I grew up in Chicago, we knew there were a lot of places, we’d never seen. So, one weekend we decided to drive to Chicago (...from "Indianapolis"), and take a trolley ride, around the city. We had heard of Lou Malnati’s, but had never been there. Well, we didn’t know what we were missing! Best deep dish pizza I’ve ever had.
 
So if you're ever in "Chicago", and are looking for great pizza, don't worry, there's good pizza everywhere! Oh, another great place is Rosati's. Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment